As we are getting ready for our upcoming travel of firsts, we realized that while in the Philippines everything is already planned for (and I will be sharing here soon), I needed to get to work for Hong Kong!
The first thing I noticed is that 2 days will not be enough to see and do everything we wanted and I have a feeling we will need to come back soon! This weekend I bought my trusty DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Hong Kong and it helped me (as it always does) to narrow down what we will be doing in two days:
* Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery: the idea is to drop off our bags at the hotel and head there for an afternoon. We will be using Hong Kong’s MTR transit system from Central Hong Kong to Tung Chung station and from there, the Ngong Ping 360 Cable Car to the village, where we will visit the monastery and the Big Buddha.
* Dim Sum at Tim Ho Wan: we hope to start the day here to maybe avoid the 2 hour wait, but even if we have to wait, I don’t think it will be a problem.
* The Peak: we really want to experience the iconic view of Hong Kong and stroll around the area (and maybe take a few pictures of the World’s most expensive house). My DK Top 10 Hong Kong will likely take a “selfie” here!
* Go for a ride on the Star Ferry: this classic ferry service that goes from Kowloon and Hong Kong Island is something we can’t miss, so we are really looking forward to it.
And I think this is it. I know there are so many more things to see and do, but we have very limited time and I have a feeling that we will be back.
Have you been to Hong Kong? What are the must sees and dos for a short two days?
* This post is part of #SundayTraveler! Check out Pack Me To for additional #SundayTraveler posts!