After what my daughter calls “forever”, we are finally going on a Disney Cruise. The cruise idea came when my daughter got a “Student of the Month” award two years ago as a gift for her achievement, but we told her it wouldn’t happen right away and she has been patiently waiting for the big day. And the big day is in 2 days! We found a fantastic rate and there was no way we were going to miss it.
We are all looking forward to it, to spend some quality family time, relax and recharge. Our cruise will be aboard the Disney Magic and it will be a 3-night Bahamian Cruise departing from Port Canaveral, FL. Our itinerary is the Itinerary D, which spends one day at sea and one day at Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas.
What are we looking forward to?
1. The food: While many people say cruise food can be hit or miss, we prefer to be optimistic and will try as many dining options as we can. We are particularly looking forward to Animator’s Palate and the combination of food and story-telling coming alive.
2. The children’s clubs: That is actually what my daughter is looking forward to the most! She hopes to have lots of fun there and make new friends, as well as explore the awesome activities the clubs in her age range have – I am not too sure how to feel about it, since she is always with us and now she says she wants to spend most of the day at the clubs! 🙂
3. The pools: Even though I can’t swim and I am not a big fan of water slides, my husband is really looking forward to it. And I must admit it seems to be pretty fun.
4. Port adventures at Castaway Cay: We already booked a Castaway Cay Getaway Package and will be biking, snorkeling and relaxing on a float or tube in the water.
5. Quality time: We are always on the go and it will be an awesome opportunity to have some quality time as a family and as a couple. We already decided that we will not be paying any internet packages, so we will be “unplugged” for the duration of the cruise.
To prepare, Disney Cruise Lines makes it very easy with their packing lists and we will have a road trip from Miami to Port Canaveral, which we love, so it will be a fun time!
When we return, I will post a detailed guide on the experience. Stay tuned!